- Provides support to all members from child to adult, with opportunities for faith development through Bible study, activities and other venues
- Supports the Ministers in meeting the spiritual needs of the Congregation
- Creates opportunity to allow the congregation to become active in service and advocacy
- Responsible for translating Christian ideas into social actions and promoting cooperation with other religious and civic groups in various projects that will enhance the quality of life in the community
- Oversees the assets of the Church, including the authority and responsibility for all finances, insurance, construction, and renovation on the Church’s real property
- Supervises the activities of the following Standing Committees: the Building and Grounds Committee, the Finance and Audit Committee, and the Investment Committee
- Welcomes and makes comfortable and safe all those who enter our church
- Spearheads the development and maintenance of the church website
- Assists the Church Staff in managing social media accounts and content
- Oversees procedures for creating, reviewing, and disseminating communication output regarding 1st Congregational Church
- Provides leadership and oversight of the First Church Endowment Fund established in 2018, for the purposes of enhancing the ministry and outreach of First Church into the future, and beyond what we do with our current operating budget
- To provide information to encourage and inspire healthy living for the Body of Christ
- Seeks to preserve, protect and promote the Church’s past, present, and future rich history.
- Cosponsor the ABC Stewardship Fair
- Stewardship campaign
- Responsible for the development and continuing planning process to enable the church to build a common vision for its future and to fulfill its mission, including recommendations for campus development, etc.